The United Church in Meadowood (UCiM) is a congregation that grounds itself in personal relationships with Christ, nurtures itself in fellowship of the Church and empowers itself through God to seek justice in the world. We are proud of the fact that the UCiM is an affirming Church where all are welcome. We seek a Music Director for: Music leadership for weekly rehearsals, for Sunday Services and for 2 or 3 special music offerings annually, along with the required rehearsals.
UCiM features an enthusiastic amateur choir of 18 to 20 members with a very accomplished piano accompanist. At present, there is no youth choir but we would like to develop a program. The Music Director is required to maintain ongoing communication with the UCiM staff as well as the Worship Committee. The Music Director is responsible for maintaining control of and the distribution of the Churches choral music repertoire. UCiM is looking for a person who:
- is able to teach and coach choral singing fundamentals (breath control, scales, diction).
- is able to develop the musicality of Children’s Church.
- engage and lead the congregation to participate in music worship.
- organize and provide opportunities for the participation of the talent within UCiM.
- is comfortable in involving additional resources, different instrumentation or unique styles of music from their own connections.
- incorporating different forms of music (jazz, modern, fusion,multi-cultural) into the services and/or special events.
Knowledge of liturgical music is an essential. Formal training and education such as B.Mus.,B.Ed.,Music major or equivalent. Choral directing experience is essential. UCiM provides an annual budget for the Music Director to use. The salary is commensurate with the applicant’s credentials and experience. The employment for this position will commence January 1, 2017.