Eastminster United Church is an Affirming Congregation in the United Church of Canada located on Toronto’s vibrant Danforth Avenue. We are seeking a music director who can lead our choirs, inspire our congregation to raise our voices, build community both inside and outside our church. The position is anticipated to include 16 hours per week year round starting September 1, 2013 with compensation based on experience and skill. Duties will include leading the musical components of worship, inspiring our adult and children’s choirs and congregation through music both sacred and secular. Music at Eastminster is a mix of modern and traditional and has brought both pageantry and fun to our experience of faith.
The ideal candidate is a person of faith who is
- a skilled keyboard musician and leader,
- with a keen desire to work with and challenge our enthusiastic and skilled adult choir (along with our congregation);
- a patient educator who can bring the joy of music to our children;
- a community builder who has proven commitment to bring the ministry of music to an array of audiences and;
- well organized and tactful.
Please consult our web site for a more detailed description of the role and a link to our Annual Report(http://www.eastminsteruc.org/recent-news/item/153-eastminster-united-church-annual-report-2012) that gives an overview of our music program.
All applications should be emailed to Eastminster@bellnet.ca, by May27, 2013 including the subject line “Music Director Role” in the note.