Position: Bell Choir Director
Location: Hampton United Church
Rate of Pay: $150 monthly/ 10 months a year
Closing Date: March 22nd 2018
Hampton United Church seeks a musician skilled with hand bells and chimes who will support our dedicated choir members in making a joyful noise unto the Lord. This person will be a community builder who educates and encourages our choir to achieve their potential.
The Bell Choir Director will lead the Bells of Blessing hand bell choir. Their primary responsibilities will be selecting music from the church music library and rehearsing with the choir. They will coordinate with the bell choir members to arrange performance dates for church worship services and in the community.
- About 1 hour per month will be needed for conducting worship performance.
- About 1.5 hours per week will be needed for practice time and preparation.
- Additional coordination and musical program planning time as required.
- Experience and knowledge of bell playing
- Relevant leadership experience
- Demonstrates ability for choral conducting for youth and adult choirs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills
- An up to date Criminal Records Check
This is not a complete list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required. It is to indicate the general nature of the work expected.
- Lead weekly practices
- Select music from church music library or other sources to perform
- Conduct once a month in a worship service
- Demonstrate and teach playing techniques to help them develop as a choir
- Educate bell choir members on the care of the bells
- Encourage the choir to attend workshops and other learning opportunities
- Continue personal development
- Coordinate with the choir to offer music in community settings
Apply to the Music Search Committee
Hampton United Church, 5454 Old Scugog Rd, Hampton, ON L0B 1J0
Hampton United Church’s Website
Eldad United Church on Facebook