Dear Worship and Music Leader,
We know the Sunday-by-Sunday job is both inspiring and intimidating! The More Voices Team welcomes you as a worship leader, your choir and anyone form the congregation who loves to sing to come and explore More Voices. This exciting “intimate and interactive” musical event is designed to support you and your weekly work of worship planning.
Come join us for an hour (or so) 7:00 pm, Saturday, May 10, 2008 to jam, sing songs and share stories about the faith in our local communities. There is no cost associated with the event and will be held at St. Andrew’s United, 117 Bloor St East with ample underground parking and access from TTC at Yonge & Bloor.
Join The More Voices Band and sing to the Spirit with this wild (somewhat woolly) and very talented group of musicians worship leaders featuring the likes of:
- Dr. Bruce Harding – More Voices Managing Editor and Worship Music Innovator
- Rev. Dr. Bill Kervin – More Voices Development Team and Professor of Public Worship, Emmanuel College
- Lloyd MacLean – More Voices Development Team and Director of Sales, Woodlake Books
More Voices, has gone into second printing and the rave reviews for the book continue to pour in. The striking cover art, using the “burning bush” as a theme, proclaims that “…within this small volume, more voices will be heard.” Fully indexed by topic, category, and scriptural reference More Voices is a user friendly worship resource.
Come May 10th and wrestle with the “big” questions:
- How can I get the most from this resource in my home church?
- How can we integrate this new music in our church?
- How can I use this to support new theological perspectives in worship and sermons?
- How do we address the issue of “too many books and bulletins” in our hands?
- How do we bring in global rhythms and new instrumentation?
What voices you ask? The voices of the best writers and composers creating music and song for worship today. Voices:
- from the global worshipping community
- of children and youth
- from the contemporary Christian music (CCM) scene
- of those who celebrate creation spirituality
- of those who express lament and inner pain
- and more Canadian voices than have ever appeared in any worship resource.
Managing editor Dr. Bruce Harding worked with a volunteer committee drawn from applicants from across the country representing many different facets of life in The United Church of Canada. During nearly two years of consultations and meetings, they worked through thousands of submissions, and brought together this stunning collection of 225 songs that is helping to re-awaken and re-vitalize congregational singing all over North America.
Please RSVP your attendance and for more information please contact:
- Phone: 416.929.0811
- Email: email@example.com
We sincerely look forward to singing with you!
The More Voices Team
P.S. (Print quality files for the attached flyer/poster are available upon request.)