The music program at the United Church in Meadowood is essential to fulfill personal and shared ministry though music, song and dramatic expression. The church is seeking to fill a contract positon for a pianist/accompanist.
This positon will entail playing before, during and after Sunday services and at Easter and Christmas services, accompanying weekly choir practice and, in consultation with the Ministers, providing leadership for the congregational singing of hymns and responses. Other duties may be mutually agreed upon by the Accompanist and the Ministry and Personnel committee.
- Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Jazz Studies; or currently enrolled in School of Music or Jazz Studies; or equivalent experience
- Strong liturgical background
- Strong sight reading skills are required as well as experience in working with group ensembles, choir, experience in musical accompaniment and working in a team environment
- Ability to play in different modern genres and styles such as jazz and gospel
- Church music experience will be an asset
- Intercultural music and the ability to work with children and young adults would be an additional strength
The position is part of a strong team with the Ministers and the Music Director.
Applications close September 21, 2015. Contact with the Church may be made by calling Keith MacFarlane at 204.793.3634. Resumes may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped at theUnited Church in Meadowood, 1111 Dakota Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2N 3T7